Normally bloggers and affiliate marketers add affiliate links to their websites and reviews and when someone clicks on this link and buy a product they earn commissions. Hiding affiliate links is very simple and easy using WordPress cloaking plugins. In this tutorial i am going to teach you how to hide/clock affiliate links very easily using Pretty Link Lite plugin.
Pretty Link Lite is a free and one of the most popular WordPress cloaking plugin. It is very easy to use. You can create different groups and it makes it very simple and easy to tracks all URL’s.
Why should you cloak your affiliate links?
- Ease of management
- Prevent leaking PageRank to advertisers
- Clean links
- Hide your affiliate link from others
Video Tutorial: How to cloak your affiliate links WordPress Plugin Pretty Link Lite 2016
How to cloak affiliate links using WordPress Pretty Link Lite Plugins
Login to your WordPress Dashboard. Go to Plugins > Add New and search for “Pretty Link Lite”, install and activate plugin.
After installing and activating WordPress Pretty Link Lite plugins, you can see a new Pretty Link menu in sidebar. You can see there are many options.
- Pretty Link: You can view all your pretty links
- Add New Link: Click on this link to cloak a link, in simple words to hide your affiliate link.
- Groups: You can create different groups, e.g Themes, Plugins, Amazon Links etc
- Hits: View all stats for cloaked links
- Options: Basic settings for cloaked links
- Pretty Link Pro: Need more advance options, get premium version.
How to cloak an affiliate link using Pretty Link Lite?
It is very simple and easy to cloak any affiliate link using Pretty Link Lite plugin. Click on Add new Link.
There are two redirection type.
- 307 (Temporary) redirection
- 301 (Permanent) redirection
Plugin developers recommend Temporary redirection for affiliate links.
Target URL : Type your affiliate link e.g https://www.affliate-site-link.com/?aff=65se93
Pretty Link : for example https://justlearnwp.com/go/namecheap
Title : Add a title for this link
You can also select or create a new group for this new link. For better SEO check ‘Nofollow’ this Link checkbox and if you want to track all hits then check Track Hits on this Link check box as well.
That’s all. Now you can use this link on any page, post or in a sidebar widget. This is the best way to hide affiliate links using WordPress pretty link lite plugin.