WordPress has made it very simple and easy to build powerful websites and blogs. Starting a new website is very easy but there are some settings you need to change/update before launching your website. In this infographic, I have listed 20 things to do before New Website Launch.
how to Launch a Website
- This is very important. Go to settings > Permalinks and select SEO Friendly Permalink Structure
- Go to Posts > categories and Rename dafault Category to something related to your niche and delete Default Post/Page.
- Create Welcome Post And About Us Page. Add important informattion about your team, company, business or website.
- Go to User> Your profile page and complete ypur user Profile. Don;t forget to signup for gravatar acocunt and upload your photo.
- Go to General Setting page and add Title, Tagline and set your default Time Zone.
- Choose a perfect and Mobile Friendly Theme
- Widgets And Navigation Menus
- Install Essential Plug-Ins: LH Zero Spam, Jetpack and other essentials plugins
- Install SEO Plugin + Read SEO Basics
- Verify Website And Social Media Account
- Install contact form plugins and create a contact Page
- Optimize Website For Speed
- Install Security Plugins
- Regular Back Ups are very important. There are many free and premium backup plugins available. We are using VaultPress basic plan starting from $5/month.
- Start Collecting Emails: Build Your List
- Turn Off Post Revisions In WordPress
- Disable WordPress Login Hints
- Enable 2-Factor Authentication
- Add Favicon And Mobile Icons
- Remove WP Generator Meta Tag (WordPress Version) Add
remove_action('wp_head', 'wp_generator');in functions.php file
Embed This Infographic
<a href="http://justlearnwp.com/wordpress-site-launch-checklist/" title="20 things to do before launching wordpress website launch checklist"><img src="http://justlearnwp.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/things-to-do-before-launching-wordpress-website-launch-checklist.jpg" alt="20 things to do before launching wordpress website launch checklist">source: JustLearnWP.com</a>